Helping Victims of Serious and Catastrophic Personal Injury
A catastrophic injury is commonly considered any type of injury that results in severe, debilitating, life-altering, or life-threatening side effects. These types of injuries usually require extensive surgery, hospitalization, continuous medical treatment, lengthy recovery and rehabilitation. In addition, catastrophic injuries can take a heavy emotional, physical, and financial toll on a person’s life. People who have sustained a catastrophic injury are not only subjected to intense pain and suffering, but they also suffer from a decreased quality of life. No longer are they able to work, or enjoy simple life pleasures as every day can be a struggle.
If you or someone you love has sustained a catastrophic injury, you should contact an experienced Michigan catastrophic injury attorney as soon as possible. Please call 877-886-1441 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. At Baldwin Legal Services PLLC, we represent clients throughout Michigan who are suffering from a catastrophic injury, such as:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burn injuries
- Birth injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
- Neurological disorders
- Nerve damage
- Chronic pain
- Loss of sensation, such as vision, hearing, smell, etc.
- Brain injuries
Catastrophic injuries can result from a wide range of personal injury accidents. At Baldwin Legal Services PLLC, we have experience representing clients throughout Michigan who have sustained a catastrophic injury as a result of:
- Auto Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Boat and Recreational Accidents
- Airplane Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Lead Poisoning
- Defective Products/Drugs
Prosecuting Your Catastrophic Injury Claim
An experienced personal injury lawyer at the Baldwin Legal Services PLLC can assist you with your wrongful death or catastrophic injury claim. These are some of the common issues that come up during the course of this type of litigation:
- Catastrophic injury pleading requirements: When filing a personal injury claim, it is vital to the success of your case to provide the court with as much information as possible about your accident, your injury, along with who caused your accident and the damages you are seeking. A skilled attorney at the firm can assist you in properly filing your claim.
- Issues to look for during discovery: The key to winning a catastrophic injury claim is to prove who was responsible for your injury and the amount of compensation you should receive. The discovery process in a catastrophic injury claim focuses on these issues. To that end, the firm’s attorneys seek information about the events surrounding your injury, including how the injury could have been avoided, whether the offending party was aware of the circumstances resulting in your injury and whether there exists a pattern of behavior resulting in similar injuries or near-injuries.
- Using expert witnesses: Depending on your type of claim, the firm’s Michigan injury lawyers may retain expert witnesses and consultants including physicians, engineers, forensic accountants, computer specialists, private investigators, loss-of-limb specialists, psychiatrists and financial experts who can help value your claim.
If you or someone in your family is suffering from a catastrophic injury, you have legal options available to you, and we can help. Please call 877-886-1441 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Our Michigan catastrophic injury attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case, analyze accident reports and medical records, and speak with credible witnesses in order to prove negligence and fault. We will then zealously present your case before the judge and/or jury, or aggressively negotiate for a high settlement if the facts warrant it. We know this is an incredibly difficult time for you and your loved ones. We want all of our clients to know that we are behind them 100% of the way, and will provide them compassionate and personalized guidance throughout the entire legal process. Our number one priority is protecting your best interest, and recovering the financial compensation you need and deserve!
Highest Quality Representation
Choosing a personal injury attorney can be one of the most far-reaching choices you make for your future well-being. Since we have helped so many families and injured individuals down this road, our experienced personal injury attorneys have a realistic idea of the financial burdens our clients will bear for years to come. We have witnessed first hand the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries, not only on the injured person’s life, but to their families. That’s one of the reasons we are dedicated to fighting for fair and just compensation for all of our injured clients. You’re not a number on a court docket to us. You are a person with real pain who needs the most accomplished legal representation available in Michigan. Remember, the quality of your legal representation will determine the future quality of your life. We can make a difference in your case.
Insurance Companies and Catastrophic Injury Claims
Catastrophic injury claims require a law firm with the skills and resources to challenge insurance companies. Michigan insurance companies use their vast resources to limit catastrophic injury claims. Our attorneys do not give in to the efforts of insurance companies to reduce catastrophic injury awards. We are known to be zealous advocates for our clients despite the attempts of insurance companies to block claims. We assume that all catastrophic injury cases will proceed to trial, even though most personal injury cases settle. Our aggressive approach to catastrophic injury cases encourages insurance companies to offer a proper settlement.
The insurance company wants to settle your case as soon as possible – and for as little money as possible. Our catastrophic injury lawyer has a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Insurance Law and knows how to present your claim in the best way possible to ensure your rights are protected and that you get the maximum compensation available.
If you, a family member, or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries as the direct result of another party’s negligence, it is crucial that you have legal representation on your side. Please call 877-886-1441 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Home and hospital visits are available upon request. We will work diligently to ensure that you recover the full measure of compensation to which you are entitled.